In Youth Centers:
We believe our values extend beyond the golf course, which is why we launched a program to meet youth where they spend time.
Specifically designed for youth-serving organizations, like extended day programs in schools and local YMCAs , our community program gives kids the chance to learn about golf and develop character through fun golf games.
How First Tee’s Community Program Works
We deliver the curriculum, the equipment and the training for youth leaders to deliver the program. Much like our other programs, our Community Program is designed to introduce kids to golf and First Tee’s Nine Core Values — respect, courtesy, responsibility, honesty, sportsmanship, confidence, judgment, perseverance, and integrity.
We wrote our lesson plans and activity guides with youth development professionals and volunteer leaders in mind. First Tee’s Community Program is a hole-in-one for any setting, class time, and class size.
Our lesson plans introduce youth to golf through activities that resemble sports they may already be familiar with, like baseball, football, bowling, and tennis. Instructors receive an activity guide that includes:
- 18 detailed activity plans
- Information section explaining teaching methods
- Safety and class management procedures
- Instructional cue cards
- Golf terms
- Orange County Extended Day
- Serves 18 Orange County Elementary Schools
- Dramatic Education
- Serves 5 Orange County Elementary schools
- South Orlando YMCA
- 814 W Oak Ridge Rd, Orlando, FL 32809
- (407) 855-2430
- Tangelo Park YMCA
- 5160 Pueblo Street Orlando, FL 32819
- (407) 351-3584
- Midway Safe Harbor
- 2405 Rightway, Sanford, FL 32771
- (407) 320-5995